Filing for an LLC in Oswego County New York, what a headache!

What a pain!


I have posted several times that I sell on eBay and other sites, well we took the plunge and filed for an LLC so that we can take this business to the next level. Well today I got around to doing the publication requirements of filing for an LLC in Oswego County. As many people know, filing for an LLC in NY state in general is a pain and expensive. Not only is the LLC paperwork over $200 alone, but then you have to file in two newspapers or 6 weeks, and then pay a $50 fee to send the form into the state.

There is little to no information online on this so I thought I would write a blog about it. To publish the notice of formation in Oswego County I had to call the town clerk. First off, the woman I spoke with didn't even know what I was talking about at first, but she asked someone. She gave me the list of the newspapers to contact. I had trouble finding them because the one paper doesn't even go by the same name any longer. The newspapers are as follows;



Anne Desantis
Classified Advertising
(315) 343-3800 (ext. 2249)
E-Mail:  adesantis@palltimes.com    
  •  Oswego County Weeklies - This is a free pennysaver throughout the area, you can reach them at: 80 N. JEFFERSON STREET
    PO BOX 129 MEXICO
    (315) 963-7813 or by email: ocweeklies@cnymail.com
The cost for the ad for the Palladium Times was about $45 for six weeks. The cost for the Oswego County Weeklies ran at $40-60 depending on the  length of the ad. Anne at Palladium Times sent me a sample notice to work with, which was very helpful. 

After the ad runs they will send you an affadavit, don't forget to file your form to NY state!

Good luck on your new business endeavor, and if you have any questions feel free to ask me. 


Comments

Popular Posts