Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

Has it really been three months since I posted last? Time has really flown by. I have been super busy, and trying to keep my head afloat. It wasn't until recently that things have started to look up. We started couponing and on Black Friday did the Walgreens deals. 

Several items were FREE because they gave you their register rewards. That has helped out a lot when it comes to buying gifts for our nieces and nephew. Collectively we have probably spent $300 on everyone for Christmas and this was over ten gifts for each of the kids. We like to get them educational items that will actually help their brains instead of mindless video games.

In years past we bought several gifts for our nephew but they were just fun toys. This year we decided that he deserved more. My sister went to jail and then drug camp earlier in the year and it has been tough for him. He has come a long way since then, but that is another story. We feel that gifts should be thoughtful but also have a purpose, especially when it comes to children. 

This year is hopefully a good one for the kids, and we have definitely taken on more of a parenting role wit h them over ghe last 10 months. In the past we did everything possible to avoid both of our families. We would usually take a cruise or vacation just to get away. The whole spirit of Christmas has been lost by most, especially my family.  They buy gifts without thought, even when you say, " please get me nothng, buy the kids gifts instead." I'm sure many of you can relate?

Well, in regards to the job situation it went from famine to feast. I have been working seven days a week for the past three weeks, collectively 60 hours a week I think, with driving. I don't want to complain it will help out a lot, especially with Demand Studios shutting down for three weeks, and my boyfriend not being able to get any work from them. This is what we do we trade off on who kills themself to bring home the bacon. 

The new year is looking bright and I am positive things will keep getting better. Things have been pretty crappy this year, and I do not want another year like this. Do I regret getting my degreees, honestly, sometimes I do. I have nearly 100K in debt and have nothing to show for it yet. I work a job where I make $14 an hour and work 24 hours a week. 

Oh ya, forgot to mention that I am working for Sungevity a solar company based out of California. Their model is $0 down, no installation costs, and low payments. If you are in NY and spend at least $100 a month you can get solar panels on your home for no more than you pay now for your electricity. 
If you sign up for a free quote please use my referral code cbelden 

I hope that everyone has a great holiday and an even better New Years! I leave you with my goofy holiday pics and this question; what special traditions does your family have? 
 







Comments

Popular Posts