Looking For a Job Postgraduate

As I mentioned in my About Me section I have my MBA. I got my MBA from Chadron State College in Nebraska last December. I have been applying for adjunct positions here and there, but recently I have needed to step up the game. You may ask why? Well, I will tell you why. 

The main company that my boyfriend and I freelance write for has recently cut our assignments. As a result of this I have been trying to find a job that utilizes my skills and makes it worth it to return to work. Really anything above $13 an hour is worth it for me. However, it seems that since getting my MBA I have actually made it worse for myself. Prior to getting my degrees I couldn't get the good jobs despite having excellent qualifications. Now with the degree, I can only assume that hiring managers think that I am overqualified. I am in quite the pickle. 

I really need to put my boots to the pavement so to speak and really up the ante. This can be difficult to do with our car being all but out of commission lately. I would love to be able to work from home, but can't seem to find anything that is solid other than customer service inbound. I really do not want to do this unless it pays really well. It would require a tremendous amount of effort to set up a home office that is completely quiet. However, we will persevere, as we always have. I have faith that I will find something that is in my pay range and is worth it for me. 

For anyone that worked for several years before they got their bachelors or masters, do you find that you have trouble getting interviews as well? 


Comments

Popular Posts